Search This Blog

Monday, October 02, 2017

Art and the Weekend




 I tried my hand at "pouring" paint this past week and my first results were ok but I don't believe it is something I will want to continue. I think I like manipulating the paint more than just pouring so that may be the way I use up the supplies I bought for pouring.
I love how this one looks and I think this is how I will use up the supplies. Paintings with movement.
Last week I also did a bit of thrifting and found a few things at two Goodwills (Easley and Travelers Rest, SC Stores). Some clothes for our neice , Abby and some crafting and organizing items for myself.

And then on Saturday Scott and I tried to hike to the top of Table Rock... we stopped short of the very top by about a mile and a half. Still pretty good for two 50+ year olds. Here are a few of my favorite photos...

















4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful art :) Thanks for all the lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried pouring. Seems to be all the rage right now. Nice job.
    Nice area to take a meander. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your canvas pieces are just gorgeous. As for hiking I cannot handle even the slightest incline. As long as the surface is flat I am good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a lovely walk. Good for you to get out and enjoy it!

    My friends want to have a craft night and do some of that paint pouring. It looks pretty cool, but also pretty random. I guess I like abstract art so why not!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...