Search This Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2017

May Gone By....

For our Anniversary Scott and I decided to drive up into North Carolina for a day trip. We've passed this little Antique shop many times and this time we stopped in and had a look around. We saw a couple things that interested us but they only take cash or check and we had neither with us as I wanted to travel light in case we decided to add a hike to the day. We may go back with some cash another day. While in North Carolina we stopped in at Iannucci's for a mid-afternoon meal and thoroughly enjoyed it.


 On our way back to the cottage we stopped at Starbucks for a coffee and one of the gals was making these tiny samples and we each dranks one. Talk about sugar over load both of us had a  high sugar reading that night. The cup was so adorable... wish I had kept it.



 I had it with my hair and went and had it all cut off. I was just tired of looking like Medusa or an old Hag in the mornings. And for a bit of fun I painted some of it with a Burgundy dye that came out purple on my grey hair. It was not permanent and has been washing out a little more each time I shampoo.

 The Cottage kitties are more spoiled than ever before... but that is the way they are supposed to be.

Tippy

Callie

Tippy - you can really see how he got his name in this photo.
And of course there was more Art in May as well. I created these fun postcards and then mailed them out to folks around the Country. I have also received some fun postcards created by others. I will share them in my next post.
Mixed Media Art Postcards

I just love this method of creating pretty little projects.

A fun little card I made using different sized circles. I learned how by watching Koala T Crafts live show on You Tube. 
Here is the little bear with the addition of some paws.

Callie and Howie

Callie

Howie

A potted garden by the Cottage step.


Tippy

A very busy bee

Tippy watching Callie


A rainy day visitor. It looked like it was trying to dig a hole to lay eggs. This turtle visited last year as well.
 

I added some easy to install solar lights along the front of the cottage. Now we can see to get in if we arrive after dark and forget to turn the porch light onl
 



Howie and Tippy Approve!

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy! Happy anniversary and love your hair. Bet that's a lot cooler, too.
    The kitties are doing so great. They are blessed to have found your doorstep. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita! The Cottage kitties are extremely spoiled rotten... and like it that way.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...