Search This Blog

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Turkey Day Week!

We will be going to dinner at Scott's Moms' this year as I have to be to work at 5 AM the day after Thanksgiving and Julia asked us first. I'll be making a broccoli casserole using Julia's recipe:

BROCCOLI CASSEROLE

2 pkgs frozen broccoli, chopped (10 oz)
2 eggs, beaten
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 onion, chopped
1/4 stick margarine, melted
Ritz crackers

Cook frozen broccoli according to package directions, drain. In a 2-quart, greased casserole dish, combine the next 5 ingredients with the drained broccoli (you may want to mix this together in a large bowl and then put it into your casserole dish). Just before baking mix the melted margarine with a stack of crushed Ritz crackers and put this mixture on top. Bake at 325* F for 30 minutes.

This is WONDERFUL!
I bought some Thanksgiving napkins from work and will be taking a package with me to add to the table. Scott's brothers and sister will be there with their partners/spouses; not sure if the nephews will make it in from TN or not.

I've got to get together a "wish list" as everyone will be asking for them at dinner thursday. HMMMMmmm... will have to think on that some. Perhaps after the meeting at the store today I will get Scott to go out and do some window shopping with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...