Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2019

Vegetarian... NOT going well

Going Vegetarian is not as easy as I felt it would be. I have been eating meat and dairy again. So I would say this experiment has failed entirely. It is hard to make dietary changes when you have to include other people in the meals. Scott said he would eat whatever I fixed but I could tell he was not thrilled about it... especially the no bacon/sausage and eggs in the mornings. Breakfast is his favorite meal of the day. I can go with the loaded oatmeal... oatmeal, fruit, nuts and seeds; but he needs some protein.

Another thing I discovered is aside from hot sour soup with tofu in it... I hate tofu done any other way. So I cut that out of the plan too.

I need to focus on just MORE vegetables in each meal to fill out dietary needs and reduce the portion size of the meats. Meat is just too expensive these days. Perhaps we will eventually end up Vegetarians but I think a slower transition will be better. Perhaps start with one day a week and then two and then three would be better than trying to go all in at once.

My 7 day average for my blood glucose is 127 (an A1C of about 5.6). I have not weighed myself this week... will do that next week. Today I have an appointment with the Orthopedic Dr about my left knee. I am in no pain at all now and quit taking the Naproxin last Friday. So I am going to talk with him about forgoing the surgery for now and see if the tear in the meniscus will heal on it's own. I will ask about exercises to help with that.

Until next week.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you both. Changing your diet can be hard.
    Glad your knee is so much better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...