Search This Blog

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Four Days til Christmas

Every year flies by faster and faster... I wish it would slow down just a little bit.
Greg's "BIG" Gift - his very own KitchenAid

 Scott and I went down to our house in Cayce last weekend and took Greg's gifts down there and let him open them as we weren't sure how this weekend was going to work out as Scott wasn't sure if he would have to go into work or not. This weekend we will go to my folks on Saturday for a dinner with them and Greg is going to try to go as well and then may come back to  the cottage here and spend the night with us so we can spend Christmas Eve together.


We went ahead and opened the gifts that Greg gave to us as well while we were down there and he gave us both a HUGE SILLY MUG!

Honestly I don't know where he gets it from!









Well we DID buy him two t-shirts as well and perhaps you will see exactly where he gets it from...


Of course Piper had to get right in the middle of everything!
I sure do miss seeing this kid daily but his job is down there and Scott's is up here. And life goes on.

I went in for a re-check and some blood work this morning and will get the results in a day or two. The Nurse Practitioner said we can go 6 months between labs now since I seem to be getting a handle on the diabetes. So I won't go back until June now and I am so hoping and planning to be about 30 to 50 pounds thinner by then.

I had found a couple potholder looms at thrift stores and just keep finding the loops in thrift shops as well and decided I would make potholders until I ran out of loops... so I did...
15 sets - 30 potholders
All I have left are a few orange loops and a bag of some weird nylon like loops that I hate the feel of and don't think they would make very good potholders at all.

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday Season!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas and have a great 2018 ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a merry early Christmas!! Glad the diabetes is better and things are going well. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...