Search This Blog

Friday, April 08, 2016

Hello Again

Hey folks... sorry I have been missing in action once again. I so wish that I could be more diligent and write everyday again but I don't seem to take the time to do it anymore. Since starting my You Tube channel and working on projects and videos for it I have found it more difficult to take the time to sit down and type a post here. But I will continue to stop in here and post a catch up video from time to time - I will aim for biweekly for now and perhaps weekly. So now lets catch up!

Scott and I have taken a couple walks at Furman University; a GORGEOUS campus with beautiful gardens. I would have loved going to that College. Here are a few of my favorite photos that I took as we were walking around.






SEE.... isn't it GORGEOUS?

Of course I have made a "few" things since my last post as well.
A Bow card I made from a template I bought online for a girl battling bone cancer
An "ATB" = Artist Trading Block I made this block for a swap on Facebook. What was even more special is it went to a gal that also received one of the Winter ATB's that I made in December so she has the start to a collection of my work. GRIN! The little gnome had the CREEPIEST black orbed eyes and I repainted them so he looked like he had REAL eyes. He looks a LOT more friendly now. I really love how this ATB turned out. Very much SPRING themed and she loved it!

"Mixed Media Mash Up" cards I created by covering some playing cards I found at the Goodwill Clearance Center in West Columbia a few years ago and then I laminated them so they would last forever. I learned about this "game" from Stacy at Pinkpoodlecrafts on You Tube; it's a card game to help you with your Art journaling when you get stuck on what to do. You can also "play" with a friend or two if you want. If you click on the link it will take you to her video explaining Mixed Media Mash Up card game/challenge.

I created this box to hold my cards out of a Honey Nut Cherrios box. I love how it turned out.

I am in a group on Face Book called Studio AB See and the organizer put up a challenge in March to do something inspired by Piet Mondrian, a Dutch Painter born on March 7th. So I created this little canvas and made it into a magnet to put on the refrigerator here at the Cottage. This month she has put up 4 different Artists and I am hoping to do 4 little canvases... but we will see if I am successful later as one worked with Neon lights and I am struggling with how to incorporate that into a tiny canvas... these canvases are only 2" square that I am making into magnets. Talk about a challenge!

More to come in my next post as Blogspot is giving me ISSUES.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, peaceful campus.

    Happy Creating and have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean by how beautiful the campus grounds are! And you certainly have been busy with those projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...