Last Fall we started building and had the floor/base done and then our rainy season began. Well when we pulled the tarps up we found that water had gotten underneath so Scott had to pull up all the plywood and we started over.
During one of my rest breaks I looked up and saw a bit of party bag shred floating in the breeze and followed it up to find we weren't the only ones utilizing that magnolia for a building endeavor. It's a Robin's nest! I was SO glad we hadn't disturbed her or her nest during our own fiasco with that second wall. Scott said he was even happier that I had seen it as he had planned to cut that limb off as it is quite close to the house. The pair of Robin's have been busy carrying meals back to the nest the past few days. Yesterday we found a dead baby in the yard... not sure if the fall killed it or our hyper Cocker Spaniel ,Bernadette.
I found a recipe for Dandelion Salve on Pinterest and am going to give it a try. I want to see if it will help with my rough feet and Scott's SUPER dry skin. I went out and picked a bunch of dandelion blossoms this morning and now have them paying out on cardboard atop our new chest freezer. The gal also says to save any excess dandelion infused oil for an aches and pains massage oil... Sounds good to me!