Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

One Step At A Time

I'm trying to do a yard task everyday until I have the yard back in shape. After dinner tonight I decided to tackle the 3 bushes along the driveway. I started these bushes from cuttings years ago and they have grown into some lovely bushes - just needed a slight haircut.
Before
After

I think that they look much better now. I'll take out a dead azalea tomorrow that is by the laundry room window. Everything is so unbelievably green and vibrant right now.


Next project for tonight is to bake some pumpkin bread to take into work tomorrow. I should have got started a bit earlier as it will be quite late when I pull it from the oven. They are having a cookout at lunch time tomorrow to celebrate our store winning the pumpkin carving contest from last Halloween. Our classroom Instructor hasn't been available to take part and it was her carving ability that got our store the prize. Tomorrow she is finally able to take part in the celebration and we are having steaks! Everyone is bringing in side dishes. I will have to stay after to participate as I get off at 10:30 and steaks won't be ready until after 11. I better get busy....

NIXED THE PUMPKIN BREAD! No nuts and raisins in the house ...

1 comment:

  1. :) oh such a nice recipe , my husband will love those :) thanks Becky for sharing xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...