Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write something. 

The time has come to make some fruit cake for Christmas as we can't stand the bought fruit cake. Here is a link to the recipe as well as to the video we did with Scott's mom several years ago. 

https://lifeforus.blogspot.com/2013/11/baking-fruit-cake-with-my-mother-in-law.html

https://youtu.be/o0ju-uyhSB4?si=6kFZEeIPSUvH9wK8

She is currently 96 years old and still living on her own and doing OK. She has some trouble getting around but who wouldn't at 96? 

I'm currently dealing with an ingrown toenail and can't get in to see a Podiatrist until January or February. My Nurse Practitioner has called in an antibiotic for me and I will pick that up as soon as the pharmacy opens. I am also soaking in epsom salts and taking Tylenol. Seems like the Dr's only want to care for people that aren't sick or injured only preventative care anymore. We are on our own until the next preventative appointment. I am beyond frustrated. I will manage.

Scott really needs to get his knees replaced but we can't afford him taking time off from work to have it done. I hate to see him in so much pain all the time. Maybe after his birthday he will be able to do it as he will be able to start pulling from some of his retirement. 

See you in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...