Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

What a day!

Got a call before 7 this morning; my sister-in-law was calling to say that my Dad had a stroke. I was about to get on the highway and decided to call and verify the hospital with my Mom and she said that when the ambulance arrived they got Dad up and moving around and that they didn't feel like he had had a stroke and that they thought that it was just a pinched nerve in his neck and told Mom to just get him to their doctor later today. So Mom got him to the Dr's office and were told that he had indeed had a stroke and that they needed to get over to the hospital right away. So now Dad is a guest at Spartanburg Regional Medical Center for maybe the entire weekend. He HAS had a stroke; they have run a CT scan, various blood work, a MRI and will be working up some other tests tomorrow. Scary day but we are all here so we have that to be thankful for. I will call Mom tomorrow morning for an update. I am still planning to go up Monday if something major doesn't happen before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...