Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Quiet of the Morning

First thing in the morning when I am up and have made coffee it is so peacefully quiet in the house. Of course there is the hum of the various electronic equipment thats running and the noises from the cats - happy to have been fed and groomed but there is no shocking noises to break the near silence. It's a time of reflection and a time of planning the day. We will exchange gifts with Scott's family this evening. It will be nice to be together again. Other than that I don't really have anything else planned into this day. Perhaps we will bundle up and take Amelia to the Riverwalk - if it's open that is. Last time we drove by it they had it closed as a good bit of it was under water. If that is the case perhaps we will just walk around the neighborhood with her so that she can gather some scents to think about tonight so that she won't bark so much. HA HA! The neighborhood has filled with happy families that have traveled here to stay with family this weekend. I believe that more people are cherishing time together this year and buying fewer gifts. I know that is what we have done.

I've been thinking about my pre-teen and teen Christmas's with my Grandma Carr. The sickly little pine tree's that I would march through the snow to find just so we would have one. Going through the antique ornaments in the little wooden chest. The plastic like garland that I would hang from the ceiling in loops above the tree for an added decoration. Blueberry muffins or pancakes with liver and scrambled eggs. The liver being pounded and floured and fried until it was nearly hard as a rock. Hot tea - we NEVER drank coffee as she was certain it caused hemroids. Exchanging one or perhaps maybe two gifts for each other and then a big hug and kiss on each other's cheeks. Sometimes we would cook a big dinner but most years we would go to an Aunt or Uncle's for dinner on Christmas day. I miss talking to her so much these days.

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas filled with laughter, love and GREAT conversations. A Wonderful New Year with tremendous happiness and wishes full-filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...