Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Spring Already?

 HELLOoooooo... Remember me yeah I'm back; at least for a single post. It is a quiet morning here so I thought I would come in and leave some of my thoughts. We are having to turn the A/C on in the evenings to remove some of the humidity and to keep the pollen from coming in the windows and it is only February. Our Tulip Magnolia is in glorious bloom in the front yard and this week the Robin's arrived back in our yard from their winter holidays. Spring... well signs of Spring are popping up everywhere... day time temps in the 80's; in FEBRUARY for crying out loud. Global warming seems to be happening faster and faster. So sad. 

I've started going to all the yearly check-ups... first set of blood work.. check... Bone density test... check. Tuesday is the dreaded Vice... I mean mammogram at a place I have never been before... GREAT... said with full on sarcasm. OF at blood work appointment they also ran a quick EKG... gosh I am feeling older and older by the appointment. Young people.... SAVE SAVE SAVE... and take part in a Medical savings plan... You're going to need it. 

We had our yearly Termite inspection and they discovered our hall bathroom needs a full remodel thanks to a water leak that has destroyed the floor. We talked with the guy about what it would cost if we did the demolition, Sheetrock and painting and they did the structural repairs, replace the piping and set the tile... our cost about $14,000. UGH! Trying to come to grips with that in my mind. If Scott could; he would do it all himself but these days just going to work exhausts him so badly. We knew the bathrooms would need to be done before we could even think about selling this place IN THE FUTURE but not NOW. 

The health of all our remaining parents is a worry and we are doing what we can for them. My Mom has been down staying between myself, Robin and Ronda this  month. She will be going home Sunday and I am hoping everyone there is ready to step in. 

I am glad we are back close to Scott's Mom too. She is 94 and I like being where we can help her. She is doing GREAT for being 94 and living on her own but I worry she will fall in that multilevel house of hers all the time... all those stairs. Bless her... she wants to keep her independents so badly but I still worry. 

I will try to stop in here more often. I find myself more invested in my You Tube Channel AuntBecscreations these days and can be found most Wednesdays at 3 PM Eastern LIVE over there doing something crafty. I am also hosting a crochet-a-long where I release a new video each Friday announcing a new stitch to learn featuring another You-Tubers Tutorial with links to their actual tutorials.  There is a playlist for the Crochet-a-long 2022 . We just did our 11th stitch yesterday and the blanket is coming along nicely. I'm not sure how long we will go but I know we will be adding a border to even the whole thing out as each stitch may either draw in or widen as we go as they are all different. I am really loving how it is turning out. 

Take care and enjoy your weekend... Hmmm perhaps a once a week update over here?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    I'm going to make an attempt at getting my blogging back on the go. It seems there is always something coming along to throw a spanner in the works. It is certainly true for me. I hope all your health checks have good results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you, Becky! I'm sure glad that you're having so much creative fun over on Youtube! Good luck with the home repairs. It really is always something isn't it. Matt attempted to repair and eventually had to replace the faucet in our bathroom sink...and now the faucet in the bathtub has started to leak. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...