Search This Blog

Monday, August 09, 2021

A Saturday walk by the Congaree River

 Saturday Scott and I went for a lovely walk along the river and it was so lovely. I took my Lumix camera and captured as much fungi and blue tailed five lined skinks as I could spy along the way. So many people just walk or run along that walkway not seeing all the beauty around them. Beauty comes in small packages a lot of the time and it only takes a moment to see them if you just slow down and observe. 

Fungi first...

I just so love all the different types of fungi you can see along this city Riverwalk. 




 



Now for some flowers and leaves: 

Autumn is coming


Grapevines, Kudzu and Privet.... all obnoxious! At least with grapes you can make jam or wine.



The only tropical fruit in South Carolina... Paw Paw's - Fruit

Paw Paw tree/leaves

Paw Paw before Scott cut it open. These have ZERO shelf life/

"Monkey Grass" - Liriope

Another glimpse of Autumn

Why you NEVER want to plant Kudzu - it grows 1 FOOT a day!!!!

Kudzu Leaf


Bark from a Sycamore tree... Doesn't it look happy?



All the lovely "Critters". We saw Canadian Geese, 5 lined Sinks and a snail as well as so many illusive dragon flies and other shy bugs. 










SO much beauty in such a small package.

And before we knew it was time to get back to the car to head home. T little hut is a Community board and the larger building is the restrooms. There is also a lovely picnic area right there near the restrooms and it is a covered area. 




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! People miss so much when they hurry by. So much to see and you captured a lot of it for us. Thank you. In Minnesota as a kid we had skinks in the prairie sand dunes. I never knew which kind but I just googled them and I think they were the Six-Lined Racerunner Skinks. Super fast! Thiose are beautiful with their blue tails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooooooh, what a lovely walk! I can never get enough of those skinks and their dazzling blue tails!!

    While I have heard about a pawpaw, I don't think I've ever seen one before--in person or in photo! Neat-o.

    Enjoy the coming fall, Becky, and all the beauties that surround us! My best to Scott!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...