Search This Blog

Thursday, January 03, 2019

Welcome 2019

Here it is day 3 of 2019! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Sometimes it feels like I am at the end of a very fast moving train and life is flashing by the windows. I need to take more time to appreciate all the little things along the way.

Yesterday I met with an RN at The Life Center and got more information on following a Diabetic diet and how to count carbs and how many carbs to allot per meal and snacks. LOTS of wonderful information and I am trying to put the information to good use. I started a food diary today and I am going to record on paper my blood sugar readings so I can watch better for patterns. She told me even a weight loss of 5 to 7 % of my current body weight would improve my health so I am going to aim for that the first 6 months of this year. Another thing I MUST DO is get more activity each day so I am looking into videos I can workout with here at home on You Tube as well as walking more often... if it would just stop raining.

I've been having a horrible time with Seasonal Depression this year and I am thinking I need to buy a "Happy Light" to help cope with the blah days. I'm sure exercise would help with that as well but to get started is tough when you don't feel like doing anything at all. I have so much I want to do but getting motivated to do any of it is so hard.

I hope everyone is starting their New Year off in a good place with plans for improving their health and well being.  See you in the next post.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard of those lights. Let us know if you get one and if it works. :)
    Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Rita... and I will

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...