Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2016

The weekends Events

Friday evening we loaded up all the shutters - those completed and the remaining that had to be done and headed for our house in Cayce. Saturday I scrapped and scrapped with a scrapper that actually worked so much better than the ones in the tool box up here at the Cottage and began painting. By Saturday night I had two coats of elephant grey on all but one set of the shutters. I finished with the second coat on those on Sunday morning. 

 While I was painting shutters Scott was sanding the roof trim boards and preparing them for me to paint when I had completed the shutters. It was a bit of up and down on the ladder but he got one side and the back of the garage sanded before a glitch in the works occurred.  We decided we wanted to add some shutters to the garage windows and to the side of the house and drove to Home Depot where we found they no longer carry wooden shutters. Well the truck started acting weird and then the check engine light came on. Luckily we got back to the house that night (Saturday) and Sunday morning Scott went to one of the parts stores so they could hook the reader up to the truck to figuer out what was going on. Turned out to be the #4 coil was miss firing. So Scott replaced that Sunday morning while I painted.

 Just before we left we got two of the shutters hung back up on the house. Scott said it took a lot longer than he thought it was going to as it took a lot of time to drill into the brick even with the hammer action on his fancy drill. I think they look fantastic... only 8 more to hang. I am going to check a couple ReStores for wooden shutters as I have the sizes written down on a piece of paper in my purse.
 These two were waiting for us when we pulled into the yard. They've been named Howard and Tippy. Callie kitty showed up a bit later for some dinner. The 4th kitten disappeared several weeks ago. I am hoping to be able to catch these 3 soon and get them shots and spayed or neutered. I actually coaxed Howard inside last night but he was having none of it and spent his time in crying and trying to get back out... oh and farting a lot. Stinky boy! Ah the Natural defences that animals come up with. P-U!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...