Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Odds and Ends from Yesterday's Walk



The River is VERY low - I don't believe that I have ever seen it quit this low. You can see many rocks that are normally under water and in places you can see the muddy bottom nearly all the way across. The boating channel is quite easy to see now but I would worry about get stuck in the mud.

Some days we just spy something unusual; like a bit of old tile sticking out of the Riverbank. Each day is unique and most enjoyable. The plants are putting on one last show for us all to see - a few more blooms and it won't be long until the absolute explosion of color occurs before we are able to once again see deep into the woods of winter.

If it snows this year we plan to walk by the River during the storm - it will be magical!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...