Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Creative Moments of Solitude

I truly believe that people should step back and do something all alone completely away from other people and distractions to keep the creative side of their minds active. Going with the flow of mainstream society makes people just except things that society deems appropriate or "right" and they loose some of themselves to it's never ending flow. Being off the past two days has given me time to be creative again and to step away from the daily routine of having to make a business go. I've been able to be myself and I was able to get out in nature once again. Being caged up in a building 7 days a week really takes a tole on me in so many ways.

I have memories of childhood that no one else shares because I was alone but thats ok. I had the most fun in those moments. Building mud and stick log cabins for my Barbie dolls; swinging as high as I could on my swing set and laying back and watching the clouds float by as I swung. Peaceful moments in the barn playing with the calves and brushing them to help them be gentle as they grew. Moments stolen away in the old barn foundation at the "Lower Place" while my Grandmother picked raspberries. Sitting under the old apple tree in the center of the field behind the barn at our farm. Growing my own bed of miniature roses beside the greenhouse. Riding my pink bike with the flower basket, banana seat and monkey bars for hours on end up and down our road.And when I was even younger playing in the flower room with dolls and teddies lined up on the shelves in my own "hospital". I would mix concoctions that Grandma would find later and ask "What on earth were you thinking?!" To me I was getting my dolls and teddies better. I never felt alone until later in my teens but thats depressing and I don't want to share that misery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...